Welcome to the Institute for Regional and International Studies
IRIS cordially invites all students interested in international academic programming (or those students already declared within our academic programs) to stop by our first annual Fall Welcome Open House / International Opportunities Fair on October 5 @ 4pm! The fair will be attended by representatives from many international programs on campus and will feature the presentation: "Today and Tomorrow: Studying Abroad in a Changing World" presented by Ronald Machoian, International Safety and Security Director, International Division, UW-Madison. We'll have an assortment of appetizers and beverages! Please RSVP at: go.wisc.edu/iris_intlfair.
Get the latest updates about events & resources on campus and off - as well as learn about opportunities to work with IRIS units & affiliates - through our Twitter feed.
The Institute for Regional and International Studies (IRIS) comprises the area studies centers at UW–Madison, and is itself a Title VI National Resource Center for International Studies.
IRIS addresses area and international research and training by bringing together the expertise of its member centers under a collaborative umbrella.
Constituent Programs (by region):
- African Studies Program *
- Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program *
- East Asia
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for Russia, East Europe and Central Asia *
- Center for European Studies *
- Center for German and European Studies
- Center for Interdisciplinary French Studies
- European Studies Alliance
- Middle East
- Middle East Studies Program
- South Asia
- Center for South Asia *
- Southeast Asia and Oceania
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies *
- International Studies Major
* Indicates Title VI National Resource Center
To learn more about constituent programs visit their websites listed above or explore the pages here, which include information on funding opportunities for faculty & staff and students, supporting individual centers & programs, and connecting with the programs on social media.