Welcome to the Institute for Regional and International Studies
The semester's next meeting of the Governing Council of IRIS will be on Wednesday, November 2, 9:00 - 10:30am in 206 Ingraham Hall.
Learn about upcoming events from IRIS programs on our events page and get the latest updates about events & resources on campus and off through our Twitter feed.
The Institute for Regional and International Studies (IRIS) comprises the area studies centers at UW–Madison, and is itself a Title VI National Resource Center for International Studies.
IRIS addresses area and international research and training by bringing together the expertise of its member centers under a collaborative umbrella.
Constituent Programs (by region):
- African Studies Program *
- Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program *
- East Asia
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for Russia, East Europe and Central Asia *
- Center for European Studies *
- Center for German and European Studies
- Center for Interdisciplinary French Studies
- European Studies Alliance
- Middle East
- Middle East Studies Program
- South Asia
- Center for South Asia *
- Southeast Asia and Oceania
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies *
- International Studies Major
* Indicates Title VI National Resource Center
To learn more about constituent programs visit their websites listed above or explore the pages here, which include information on funding opportunities for faculty & staff and students, supporting individual centers & programs, and connecting with the programs on social media.