Welcome to the Institute for Regional and International Studies
The UW-Madison's International Division, working through IRIS, is offering two new faculty competitions: Incubator Grants for Interdisciplinary Research in Regional and International Studies and Development Grants for Place-Based FIGs in Science. Application deadline for both is February 8, 2016.
Two awards for UW-Madison graduate students are now accepting applications for the summer 2016 research season: the IRIS Fieldwork Award and the Scott Kloeck-Jenson Fellowship. The deadline to submit completed applicatons for either award is February 22, 2016!
The Institute for Regional and International Studies (IRIS) - formerly the International Institute - comprises the area studies centers at UW–Madison, and is itself a Title VI National Resource Center for International Studies.
IRIS addresses area and international research and training by bringing together the expertise of its member centers under a collaborative umbrella.
Constituent Programs (by region):
- African Studies Program *
- Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program *
- East Asia
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for Russia, East Europe and Central Asia *
- Center for European Studies *
- Center for German and European Studies
- Center for Interdisciplinary French Studies
- European Studies Alliance
- Middle East
- Middle East Studies Program
- South Asia
- Center for South Asia *
- Southeast Asia and Oceania
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies *
- International Studies Major
* Indicates Title VI National Resource Center
To learn more about constituent programs visit their websites listed above or explore the pages here, which include information on funding opportunities for faculty & staff and students, supporting individual centers & programs, and connecting with the programs on social media.