Welcome to the Institute for Regional and International Studies
Learn about upcoming events from IRIS programs on our events page and get the latest updates about events & resources on campus and off through our Twitter feed.
The Regional and International Studies Advising office is open! Spring advisor schedule has been posted.
Recipients of the 2013 & 2014 & 2015 Mellon Foundation Graduate Student Recruitment Awards currently atttending UW-Madson and planning to pursue work abroad this summer can download an updated award release request form now!
The Institute for Regional and International Studies (IRIS) - formerly the International Institute - comprises the area studies centers at UW–Madison, and is itself a Title VI National Resource Center for International Studies.
IRIS addresses area and international research and training by bringing together the expertise of its member centers under a collaborative umbrella.
Constituent Programs (by region):
- African Studies Program *
- Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program *
- East Asia
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for Russia, East Europe and Central Asia *
- Center for European Studies *
- Center for German and European Studies
- Center for Interdisciplinary French Studies
- European Studies Alliance
- Middle East
- Middle East Studies Program
- South Asia
- Center for South Asia *
- Southeast Asia and Oceania
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies *
- International Studies Major
* Indicates Title VI National Resource Center
To learn more about constituent programs visit their websites listed above or explore the pages here, which include information on funding opportunities for faculty & staff and students, supporting individual centers & programs, and connecting with the programs on social media.