The Institute for Regional and International Studies is made up of area studies centers and the International Studies Major at UW–Madison. IRIS offers a host of opportunities to engage with international issues and research frontiers on campus and beyond.
Please check back for updates on IRIS’ spring event calendar.
REGIONAL CENTER CALENDARS
To learn more about programming in any region, visit the following online calendars:
- February 19Exhibition: The Hidden Life of Things: Andean and Amazonian Cultural Artifacts12:00 AM, Central Library 201 W. Mifflin St., Madison, Wisconsin 53703
- February 19Center for South Asia Weekly Lecture Series: Anand Yang (Professor, History, University of Washington)India in the Age of the Indo-Pacific: New Alliances, New Challenges12:00 PM, 336 Ingraham Hall
- February 19A Difficult Transition: Colombian Peace Process from Ex-Combatants PerspectiveBy: Margarita Orozco. PhD Candidate, School of Journalism and Mass Comm. UW-Madison12:30 PM, 206 Ingraham Hall
- February 19Study Abroad in the United KingdomCoffee & Conversation5:00 PM, Peets Coffee, Memorial Union
- February 19Presentation "Omanhene Cocoa Bean Company"Presented by Omanhene Founder, and author, Steve Wallace7:00 PM, Madison Public Library, Central Branch, Room 301