This year we will be hosting 6 information sessions about the Foreign Language & Area Studies (FLAS) awards for the study of less commonly taught languages at the UW-Madison for summer 2022 and academic year 2022-2023!
Open to US citizens & permanent residents, FLAS awards support students – both undergraduate & graduate students – in acquiring foreign language & area studies competencies. We will discuss eligibility requirements, languages supported, the application & award process, and more. The deadline to apply is Monday, February 14, 2022.
There will be three in-person and three online sessions over the course of the coming months. They are scheduled for:
- In-person in 336 Ingraham Hall
- Wednesday, November 17 @ 4pm
- Tuesday, December 7 @ 3pm
- Thursday, January 27 @ 5pm
- Via Zoom at https://go.wisc.edu/FLASInfoSession
- Thursday, December 2 @ 6pm
- Tuesday, January 18 @ 2pm
- Monday, January 31 @ 4pm
No pre-registration required!
The FLAS application will open the week of November 9, 2022. If you have additional questions you can email Mark Lilleleht at email@example.com.